Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Meeples!


Today my friends and I went to this cool place where they have hundreds of board games! My friend Richard brought me and my friends there. When I reached there, I was amazed by the shop! They have all kind of board games from A-Z! Just name it! I got the shock of my life when I enter LOL First time seeing so many board games @@ The normal rate is RM5 per hour per person but now they're having promotion so it's buy 1 hour free 1 hour =D

It's located at SS15 McD's row! It's just above Face to Face restaurant! Here's a map for you guys =D


Look at them LOL Awesome!

They even have StarCraft Board Game @@



The first game we played was Saboteur! It's not a board game but a card game! It's really cool! Let me try explaining LOL Hope I don give wrong explanation =D

First there's gonna be 2 group of people.
  1. Miner x4
  2. Saboteur x2
Miner's job is to locate the gold mine and the Saboteur's job is to stop the miner's from locating the gold mine. So there's actually a starting point. Miners will have to create a pathway to reach to the gold mine and the Saboteur's will have to make things difficult for them to reach to it by creating dead roads and etc. The best part of the game is that nobody will know who is the miner/saboteur =D


The pathway looks something like above. Each player is only allowed to use one card each turn and draw a card after every card used. A player can choose to use a card or discard it if there's not use of the card. There's also some power cards to stop Miners/Saboteurs to create pathways. To recover, they will have to use the recovery card.

How the game ends? Easy!
  1. Miners will win if either one of them finds the gold mine.
  2. Saboteurs wins if one of the player's hand if empty. Means they've already finished drawing the cards from the decks.
Interesting isn't it? We played some other games as well such as Cloud 9 and others which i couldn't remember them. I like Saboteurs the most =D It's fun! You guys should try it!

No comments: